ON-DEMAND – PROGRAMMES
DRAW the Carnival of the Animals
Animals wake up early in the morning getting dress up to attend the Carnival of the Animals. On the list, we have lion, elephant, kangaroo, cuckoo in the forest, swan and… Let’s listen and guess who else is there.
In this programme, we use music to induce children’s imagination on how the animals look, drawing and explain using their colour pencil and paper bringing the animal to live with colours.
The programme started by asking participants to guess which animals Saint-Säens was referring to in the composition. Le cygne session is played by solo cello after a short introduction of the instrument and its hidden connection with animals. The listening part is followed by an art and craft session.
- To stimulate imagination from music
- To connect the stimulation from sounds into colour
- To introduce the relationship between human and animals
About the Composition
The Carnival of the Animals (Le Carnaval des animaux) is a humorous musical suite of fourteen movements by the French composer Camille Saint-Saëns. The work, about 25 minutes in duration, was written for private performance by two pianos and chamber ensemble.
- Target Audience: Primary Three to Secondary Two Students, Parent-child, Adult with curiosity
- Class Size: 30 Participants
- Language: Cantonese
- Format: Online using Zoom / On-Site